The Fraternity and Sorority Programs Office aspires to establish a community that lives by the high fraternal ideals, creeds, and values upon which our organizations were founded.
The mission of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Programs is to enhance the quality of student life at the University of Arizona by empowering members of the Greek community through advising with a developmental approach, educating with a purpose, collaborating with stakeholders, promoting academic achievement, encouraging civic responsibility, advocating for healthy lifestyles, and advancing values-based decision making.
To work toward our mission we plan to:
- Provide training and resources for recruitment of quality members to our Greek community.
- Help our Greek students achieve high academic standards through academic programming and Aristotle.
- Emphasize a renewed sense of dedication to health and wellness through the Olympian Program and an understanding of pro-active risk management.
- Involve parents, alumni, and advisors in efforts to enhance the Greek community through collaboration with the Parent & Family Association and the Oracle Advisory Board.
- Create mechanisms for collaboration between the Greek councils and boards.
- Assist students in the exploration and clarification of values inherent in Greek letter organizations.
- Design and provide opportunities for leadership and personal development.
- Encourage high levels of performance in the areas of academic achievement, leadership and involvement, chapter management, recruitment, and health and wellness through the Chapter Standards of Excellence program.
The Fraternity and Sorority Programs Office believes that annually reviewing office programming, policies, and strategies is a necessity for improvement. Each June an annual report is compiled to review the previous year. The reports are used to identify highlights as well as areas of growth from the year.